Building Division

The Building Division handles permit applications, inspections and code enforcement. The Town recently adopted the 2018 ICC Building Codes and 2017 National Electric Code (NEC) for plan review and inspections. The Building Division also uses the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC). These documents are available to review at the Community Development Department, 890 Main Street, Clarkdale, AZ 86324.

 Paul Building Division 
Paul Grasso, Chief Building Official
Phone number: (928) 639-2513

Open to serve you
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - Noon
Office Hour: Monday - Thursday from 3-4pm

Building Permits Required per Town Code, Section 7-17-1.
" A building permit shall be required for all new construction, including but not limited to construction of driveways, fences, structures of any kind and/or remodeling of such structure."  Also required are permits for roofing and accessory structures of any size including sheds.  For additional information, please call Community Development at (928) 639-2500.

Click to download the application Building Permit Application here.

Scheduling Inspections for Building Permits
Requests for an inspection shall be made 24 hours in advance by calling (928) 639-2500. 

When you call, please have the following information ready:

  • Building Permit number
  • Requested date for inspection
  • Requested time for inspection (morning or afternoon)
  • Site Address
  • Type of inspection
Code Enforcement
Complaints related to property issues are handled in this department.  Please complete a Property Complaint Form and send it via email as instructed on the form.  If you wish to remain anonymous, you may so indicate.  If you provide your contact information, we will contact you regarding the resolution of your complaint.

Fire Suppression Code
The Town adopted the International Fire Code, 2012 Edition plus Appendix D as part of Town Code, Chapter 7 Building.  The Verde Valley Fire District administers this Code on behalf of the Town.

Septic Systems 
This department does not issue septic permits, and therefore does not answer questions pertaining to these systems. For this information please contact the Yavapai County Environmental Services at (928) 639-8136, or visit the Yavapai County Website at  

Parcel Details
For parcel details, please contact Yavapai County Assessor's Office at (928) 639-8121 or go online to Yavapai County Interactive Mapping.

Flood Information
For questions regarding flood-related information, please contact Yavapai County Flood at (928) 639-8151 in Cottonwood.

Key Documents