The Clarkdale Historical Society and Museum is housed in the old clinic building, designed by Los Angeles architect Arthur R. Kelly and constructed during the influenza pandemic of 1918-19. The clinic dispensed medicine and treated minor injuries of the smelter workers and their families on a 24-hour basis. The clinic closed in the early 1950s, and when the town incorporated in 1957, the building became town offices. A jail was constructed in the boiler room while the police department occupied the basement. In the early 1980s, the Clark Memorial Library moved into the building, which later housed the Department of Motor Vehicles. The renovated building was formally opened as the Clarkdale Museum in 2008.